Simi Valley Heat Pumps
Heat pumps are an increasingly popular way of keeping your home comfortable, and doing it in a way that’s both cost-effective and environmentally friendly. Our Simi Valley heat pump professionals can help you with everything from installation to repair to ongoing maintenance.
MB Heating & Air serves homeowners into the San Fernando Valley and throughout the Greater Los Angeles Area. Call today at (818) 483-9715 for a free estimate.
Why a Heat Pump Is Better Than Gas Heating
Heat pumps run on electricity or renewable energy sources. They work by drawing the air from outside and transferring it indoors, using a process called “reverse refrigeration” to keep your home at the desired thermostat temperature. Heat pumps are often a better choice for homeowners than gas heating, particularly in warmer climates like our own. The reasons include the following:
- Cost efficiency: The lower monthly utility costs that often accompany heat pumps may more than make up for upfront installation costs, over time. What’s more, heat pumps are versatile and able to distribute cool air in the summer, eliminating the need for separate systems.
- Eco-friendliness: The fossil fuels released by gas heating contribute to greenhouse gas emissions and environmental damage. By relying on electricity or other renewable sources of energy, heat pumps can reduce your carbon footprint and help create a sustainable future.
- Better indoor air quality: The fossil fuels involved in gas heating release combustion byproducts, such as carbon monoxide and nitrogen dioxide. Heat pumps, on the other hand, do not involve combustion, and contribute to cleaner indoor air.
- Quieter operation: The electric compressors and fans used by heat pumps typically result in quieter operation, which is particularly advantageous in bedrooms and other areas where noise can be a nuisance.
Over two decades of experience in Los Angeles and the HVAC industry.
Generational business, driven by family values.
Our team is fully licensed, insured, and vetted.
Get started by giving us a call and setting up a free estimate.
Signs Your Heat Pump Needs Repair
No mechanical system is perfect, and there are some telltale signals that your heat pump needs repair. Keep an eye out for red flags like these:
- Weak airflow: Reduced airflow not only affects the comfort of your home but also indicates that the heat pump may be working harder than normal to achieve the desired temperature.
- Indoor temperature doesn’t match the thermostat: A faulty heat pump may struggle to maintain consistent temperatures, resulting in hot or cold spots throughout the house. This issue could stem from problems with the thermostat, refrigerant levels, or a malfunctioning compressor.
- Cycling too frequently: Heat pumps operate by cycling on and off periodically to maintain the desired temperature. However, if you notice that your heat pump is frequently turning on and off within short intervals—something known as “short cycling”-- it could indicate a problem.
- An excess of noise: Squealing, grinding, or rattling sounds could suggest issues with the motor, bearings, or other internal components. This could be caused by worn-out parts, loose connections, or improper installation.
Ignoring any of these issues may lead to further damage and more expensive repairs. The sooner our techs can get out to your home and take a look, the more likely it is that we can mitigate the scope of the damage.
Our Simi Valley heat pump team is ready and prepared to help. Call today at (818) 483-9715.
At MB Heating and Air, your satisfaction is our priority! See for yourself what our customers have to say about working with us.
“I won’t hesitate to call Mark again but hoping I won’t need to for quite some time!”- Cynthia C.
“We are lucky to have found Mark and MB Heating and Air. We will be using him for all our future HVAC needs.”- Toni E.
“We were referred by our neighbors down the street and I am so glad.MB and their employees were so nice and professional and did everything they said they were going to do. We have heat and it is flowing through the house beautifully. Thank you. Yes...We'd ”- Nancy F.
“Can’t say enough good things about Mark and his team at MB. A refreshing example of a professional, knowledgeable, and trustworthy crew who takes great pride in their work and does a great thorough job while also providing great customer service.”- Josie S.
“Mark was true to his word. Came in, bulldozed the project and had ac installed within 3 days! His crew was incredibly nice and did not cut any corners. Very professional and I would highly recommend anyone to use them!!”- Jonathan F.
“So glad we found MB HAVC service..last year he replaced my complete HVAC then replaced worn 25 yr old duct work. The air quality in our 70+ yr old house is so much better! We also set up a 2X year service contract & rest easier having these maintenance”- Marsha C.
“Very professional and knowledgeable. He will help u and take care of the issues others could not address. Thank u Mark for helping me stay warm this cold winter. Highly recommend.”- Faye F.
“We consider ourselves extremely fortunate to have found Mark and his team.”- Helen N.
“I found Mark via a recommendation and Angi’s list, and his extremely high ratings were well-deserved.”- Claire D.
“A/C wasn’t working in the evening. We called and he called us right back to troubleshoot. Came first thing in the morning as discussed and was courteous, professional, and great value.”- Kali K.